Grand Seiko Elegance Collection Omiwatari SBGY013
A Spring Drive gem inspired by Omiwatari
Most winters, Lake Suwa freezes over and, every few years, a long ridge appears in the ice from one side of the lake to the other.
Tradition has it that this is the ‘Omiwatari’ or where the gods walk out over the ice. True or not, this legend has inspired the craftsmen and women at the nearby Shinshu Watch Studio to create a dial of exquisite subtlety for this hand-winding Spring Drive timepiece. It has the color, feel and texture of the snow-covered ice on Lake Suwa and is in a silver tone. The bracelet has a nine-row construction that ensures a soft and exact fit to the wrist.
The watch is powered by Spring Drive Caliber 9R31 which has a Dual Spring Barrel that delivers a power reserve of 72 hours when fully wound. Its exquisite finishing is visible through the exhibition case-back along with the power reserve indicator.
- SKU: SBGY013
- Brand: Grand Seiko
- Collection: Elegance Collection
- Case: Stainless Steel
- Case Size: Diameter 38.5mm × Thickness 10.2mm
- Dial: White
- Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Case-Back: See-through & Screw case back
- Crown: non-screw down
- Water Resistance: Splash resistant
- Movement: 9R31
- Movement Type: Manually wound Spring Drive
- Power Reserve: 72 hours
- Bracelet: Stainless Steel
- Clasp: Three fold clasp with push button release
- Warranty: 5 years